This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account. You can create free account by signing up
Analyze sales data with pivot tables
SeekTable can turn your sales data (transactions, orders) into sales analysis report that shows the trends by product type, region, or time period.
With pivot table you can determine both opportunities and potential problems.
If you didn’t meet your sales goal, you can drill down to sales of a specific product or location to see what exactly is stopping you.
You can check Northwind DB demo to get some examples of sales data reports.
How to perform sales trend analysis:
Export sales data to CSV. Most payments providers and e-commerce solutions have this function:
- How do I download my PayPal transaction history?
- open "Balance History" and click on "Export" button
- use Billing Activity Download wizard (Reports section)
- use "Export" link: exporting data how-to
use "Export" button on the "Orders" page: Export orders to CSV
- use "SQL Manager" to run SQL query and export results to CSV, or use addons
If your sales data is stored in SQL database and it is accessible from internet you can use it as a data source directly.
Upload CSV file into your SeekTable account.
- Create sales reports by time periods, product type, location. Choose metrics like "sum" and "average".