This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account. You can create free account by signing up
Create Pivot Table
Pivot Table allows you to summarize and analyze data in terms of groups; with pivot tables you can see
comparisons, explore trends and get answers on questions like "what is happened" and "why".
With SeekTable you can create pivot tables in seconds:
Add new report: click on "Create Report" from cube, or choose "+" next to cube's name in the left menu.
Keep "Report Type" option at "Pivot table"
Choose grouping criteria: what columns to use for "Rows" and/or "Columns".
Choose a measure to display as value in the table: this may be count of rows, sum or average of some column.
Pivot table will calculate these values for each cell in the table. You can choose several measures at once.
Click on "Apply"
Sort Pivot Table
You can order table rows and columns in the following ways:
Filter pivot table
You can exclude some rows or columns (or show only concrete rows/columns) with very simple keyword-based "Filter":
- Keywords for the same axis (rows or columns) are combined with OR. To force AND use "+" to combine conditions.
- To exclude use "-" before the keyword, for example:
- It is possible to filter by values:
>5 (if only one measure is used) or
sum>5 (to filter by measure name that contains "sum").
One more way to filter report data is usage of report parameters.
This kind of filter is applied on the row level; in case of database filtering condition is included into the query.
This means that with report parameters it is possible to filter even by columns that are not used in the report.
Params tab appears when at least one report parameter is configured for the cube.
SeekTable offers great data exploration capabilities with drill-down function: you can click on any pivot table cell with value and get more
detailed view for this concrete group:
At drill-down menu you have 2 alternatives:
- Show rows: opens 'flat table' report pre-configured to display records of this group. Use browser's "Back" to return to the original pivot table.
You can open this view in a new tab if you like (this is normal link).
NOTE: "Show rows" option is not available if your pivot table uses expression-type dimensions or dimensions that are not allowed for 'flat table' report type.
- Drill down by dimension: you can choose which dimension to use to get more detailed view of the group. As result
this dimension will be added to rows (or columns) and "Filter" will be changed to limit pivot table by the rows/columns
that correspond to the group:
If you like Excel-like drill down by hierarchy with groups expand/collapse this is also possible:
- choose dimensions that you want to use as hierarchy for rows and/or columns. Hiearchy for dates might be: "Year", "Month", "Day".
For location this could be "Country", "State", "City" and so on.
- Use "Enable expand/collapse" ("Format" tab) to activate this mode.
- Click on "+" and "-" to expand/collapse individual groups: