This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account. You can create free account by signing up
Get Data for Report Builder connect to tabular data source
All data visualizations come from underlying dataset. SeekTable supports the following data sources:
- CSV or TSV file
- Supported separators: comma, tab, semicolon, colon, pipe. Separator and file encoding are determined automatically.
- Header row is required.
- No limits on the number of rows or columns. Max file size upload limit: 50Mb.
- File may be compressed with zip (".zip" extension) or gzip (".gz" extension) - this allows you to upload even large CSV files (up to 500mb).
- Sample CSV file: sales.csv.
- Excel file
- both binary (".xls") and Open-XML (".xslx") files are supported.
- Excel file max size: 5Mb. If you have larger Excel file you can save the worksheet as CSV.
- SQL Server (Azure SQL)
- MySql + protocol-compatible databases (like MariaDB, MemSQL, Amazon Aurora)
- PostgreSql + protocol-compatible databases (like Amazon Redshift, PipelineDB)
- Yandex ClickHouse (binary protocol)
- MongoDb + protocol compatible databases (like Azure Cosmos DB)
- Your database server should be accessible by SeekTable server (18.104.22.168).
- All queries are performed on-the-fly (no data load or ETL), you can use SeekTable with database of any size.
- Report parameters may be used for database-level (SQL WHERE) data filtering.
In case of file data source process is a very simple: click on "Upload Data" button, choose a file on your computer you want to upload and that's all.
SeekTable automatically determines which columns could be used as dimensions and measures; you can customize this default setup later if needed.
Build Custom Reports
Now you have a configured data source ("cube") and you can create a first report:
- Click on "New Report", or "+" icon in the left menu.
- Select dimensions that you want to see as "Rows" or "Columns". Empty list is ok.
- Select measure(s) that should be displayed in table cells. If no measures selected, "Count" is used by default.
- Optional: choose Chart type if you want to get pivot chart in addition to pivot table.
- Optional: specify keywords to filter pivot table rows or columns.
- Click on "Apply".
Click on the label (grey cell) changes the order; arrow indicates sort direction (click once more to change the asc/desc direction).
Add more dimensions if you want to get better detalization; use filter to remove unnecessary entries:
Also you can click on the value cell to get more details (drill-down).
Save and Share Your Insights
- To save a report click on "New Report" label and enter the name of the report.
"Export" menu allows you to export the report to the following formats:
- Excel (sheet with tabular data)
- Excel PivotTable
- With "Share" function report may be delivered as email.