This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account.
All data visualizations come from underlying dataset. SeekTable supports the following data sources:
- CSV or TSV file
- Supported separators: comma, tab, semicolon, colon, pipe. Separator and file encoding are determined automatically.
- Header row is required.
- File may be compressed with zip (".zip" extension) or gzip (".gz" extension)
- No limits on the number of rows or columns. Max file size upload limit: 50Mb.
- Sample CSV file: sales.csv.
- Excel file
- both binary (".xls") and Open-XML (".xslx") files are supported.
- Excel file max size: 5Mb. If you have larger Excel file you may save worksheet as CSV.
- Supported databases: SQL Server (Azure SQL), MySql, PostgreSql, MongoDb, Yandex ClickHouse.
- Your database server should be accessible by SeekTable server (184.108.40.206).
- All queries are performed on-the-fly (no data load or ETL), you can use SeekTable with database of any size.
- Data can be filtered on database level with report parameters.
In case of file process is very simple: click on "Upload Data" button, choose a file on your computer you want to upload and that's all.
SeekTable automatically determines which columns could be used as dimensions and measures; you can customize this default setup later if needed.
Now you have a configured data source ("cube") and you can create a first report:
- Click on "New Report", or "+" icon in the left menu.
- Select dimensions that you want to see as "Rows" or "Columns". Empty list is ok.
- Select measure(s) that should be displayed in table cells. If no measures selected, "Count" is used by default.
- Click on "Apply".
Click on the label changes table order; allow indicates sort direction (click once more to change the direction).
Add more dimensions if you want to get better detalization; use filter to remove unnecessary entries.
Save and Share Your Insights
- To save a report click on "New Report" label and enter the name of the report.
- "Export" menu allows you to export the report to the Excel, PDF or CSV file.
- With "Share" function report may be delivered as email.