This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account. You can create free account by signing up
Get Data for web report builder
All data visualizations come from underlying dataset. SeekTable supports the following data sources:
- CSV or TSV file
- Supported separators: comma, tab, semicolon, colon, pipe. Separator and file encoding are determined automatically.
- Headers row is required.
- No limits on the number of rows or columns. Max file size upload limit: 50Mb.
- File may be compressed with zip (".zip" extension) or gzip (".gz" extension) - this allows you to upload even large CSV files (up to 500mb).
- Sample CSV file: sales.csv.
- Excel file
- both binary (".xls") and Open-XML (".xslx") files are supported.
- Excel file max size: 5Mb. If you have larger Excel file you can save the worksheet as CSV.
- SQL Server (Azure SQL)
- MySql + protocol-compatible databases (like MariaDB, MemSQL, Amazon Aurora)
- PostgreSql + protocol-compatible databases (like Amazon Redshift, PipelineDB)
- Yandex ClickHouse (binary protocol)
- MongoDb + protocol compatible databases (like Azure Cosmos DB)
- Have another database? It can be added to the list upon request (if database has ODBC driver).
- Your database server should be accessible by SeekTable server (126.96.36.199).
- All queries are performed on-the-fly (without data import), and you can use SeekTable with database of any size.
- Report parameters may be used for database-level (SQL WHERE) data filtering.
In case of file data source process is a very simple: click on "Upload Data" button, choose a file on your computer you want to upload and that's all.
SeekTable automatically determines which columns could be used as dimensions and measures; you can customize this default setup later if needed.
Web Report Builder
Now you have a configured data source ("cube") and you can create a first report:
- Click on "New Report", or "+" icon in the left menu.
Choose desired report type:
- Pivot table
- Cross-tab (summary) report that displays aggregated data.
- Flat table
- Grid that displays rows (records) as is.
In case of Pivot table report:
- Select dimensions that you want to see as "Rows" and "Columns". Empty list is ok.
- Select measure(s) that should be displayed in table cells. If no measures selected, "Count" is used by default.
- Optional: choose Chart type if you want to get pivot chart visualization in addition to the pivot table.
In case of Flat table report:
- Select "Columns" to display. At least one column should be selected.
- Optional: specify keywords to filter the table (click on "filter syntax help" link for reference).
- Click on "Apply".
Click on the label (grey cell) changes the order; arrow indicates sort direction (click once more to change the asc/desc direction).
Add more dimensions if you want to get better detalization; use filter to remove unnecessary entries:
Also you can click on the value cell to get more details (drill-down).
Save and Share Your Insights
- To save a report click on "New Report" label and enter the name of the report.
"Export" menu allows you to export the report to the following formats:
- Excel (sheet with tabular data)
- Excel PivotTable
- With "Share" function report may be delivered as email.