Releases changes log for self-hosted SeekTable version
- 2020 November 24
- Added "Cache" section to the cube configuration form to control cache parameters for this particular cube.
This section is NOT shown by default, to enable it use
SeekTable_ST:LogoutReturnUrl system setting.
- Now it is possible to enable encryption for JWTs generated on SeekTable side + force strong signing/encryption algorithms + enable storing of 'access key' hashes (see
security best practices for more details).
- Report builder: ability to choose what measure(s) to use on chart in case multiple values (click on icon for Values).
- Horizontal bar charts: use up to 30% of the chart width for the y-axis labels if needed.
- 2020 October 20
- Report builder: now it is possible to choose multiple dimensions/measures from the list at once (hold CTRL + click).
- Left menu: fixed issue with auto-scroll when cube has many-many reports.
- Charts: better layout of labels on X-axis (when not enough space).
- Drill-down: show dimensions with the same prefix as in report first (useful for drill-down by hierarchies like year/month/day).
- More relevant error message when UI session expires (= web app page was opened more than 24h ago).
- SeekTable web API: added ability to specify report parameters in the query string (works only if user has "Advanced publishing" subscription).
- Reporting engine (PivotData Microservice) v.1.6.6 bugfixes.
- 2020 August 17
- SQL connector: now Snowflake is supported as a data source.
- Cube config form: added ability to expand/collapse "Dimensions"/"Measures"/"Parameters" sections (usability).
- Flat table report: now numbers/dates are exported to Excel with correct data types (not just string).
- 2020 July 08
- Now it is possible to embed 'app view' in a secure way.
- Report builder: now you can choose the same measure twice + apply modifiers (percentage/difference/heatmap) separately for each measure in the report (use "gear" icon).
- Report parameters: now it is possible to check in "Expression" what dimensions/measures used in the report (useful for conditional SQL generation).
- Search-driven analytics: now search interface ("Ask a question") can be enabled for DB-based cubes.
- SMTP setup: added advanced options
- 2020 May 19
- Team Sharing: added "Share all reports" for cube access rule (no need to share each report separately).
- Hotfix for dependent dropdowns in published reports (items are not loaded)
- 2020 May 05
- UI localization: added ability to translate (or customize) interface labels (except "cube config form" and "admin" section).
This capability is available only for installations with white-label mode subscription.
- Lists of cubes/reports: custom order can be set with drag-and-drop
- Report parameters: now it is possible to configure "Dropdown (Dynamic)" which items depend on another parameter value (dependend dropdowns).
- Cube config form: now default value works for multivalue parameters too (separated with comma)
- Team sharing: fixed issue with "Params" tab when both "Fields" and "Format" are hidden
- Admin: unlocked the ability to change user's email (login)
- fixed issue with drill-down on reports with "Last N" limit
- layout improvements for small screens (mobiles) on some views
- 2020 Mar 24
- SeekTable app now is based on .NET Core 3.1 LTS which offers better performance and uses less memory.
- Cube Form: alternative compact view (tabs) is used for dimensions/measures/parameters if screen width < 1600px or if number of items >50.
On self-hosted SeekTable it is possible to force usage of 'tabs' or 'table' view (always) with an appropriate setting.
- Cube Form: fixed an issue with confirm dialogs (in some case form was blocked).
- Report Builder: 'thin' scrollbar for the right-side configuration form.
- Report Builder: fixed issue with Filter (also affects drill-down) by formatted values like month names
- CSV cube: display last upload date with time part (browser's timezone) + display this timestamp in the footer of published reports.
- Published report: fixed an issue with in-table chart legend for reports with single dimension on rows + expand/collapse is enabled.
- Team Sharing: hide "Share to team" on 'shared' reports.
- Team / Admin sections: make lists more usable on small screens.
- Reporting engine updates: see PivotData microservice v.1.6.2 changes log
- Front-end: use to latest jQuery 3.4.1, legacy jQueryUI sortable replaced with modern sortableJS (supports touch screens!).
- 2020 Feb 20
- Report builder: added ability to configure custom labels/formats for dimensions/measures for the concrete report
- Report parameters: now "Dropdown (dynamic)" can efficiently handle up to 100k (!!) items without freezes / slowness. Default limit is extended to 10,000 (can be increased on self-hosted SeekTable)
- Report parameters: now "Dropdown (dynamic)" No-selection Text option works for multi-value parameters too
- Chart legend (published report): fixed issue with missed colors in the table + in case of may items vertical scroll appears when legend is on the right
- Self-hosted administration: added option to disable publish-to-web (Get Link) functionality for non-admin users
- CSV connector: added "List Unique" and "List" measure types
- Cube Form: fixed an issue with "Clone" (also may cause 'empty edit form' behaviour)
- 2020 Jan 31
- Cube view: now dimensions that have the same
Name. prefix are grouped
- Published report: fixed issue with flat table sort change
- Published report: added option that controls chart legend (possible positions: top, right, bottom)
- Charts: added rendering animations
- Report builder: now it is possible to show 'raw' DB query in case of error (only if user is an 'owner' of the cube)
- Pivot Table: new "Format" options "Totals Row position", "Totals Column position", "Show ... group in case of limit"
- Pivot Table: new "Limits" options "Last 50", "Last 10", "Last 5"
- Report Parameter Dropdown (Dynamic): added option to specify custom 'no selection' item text
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Reporting engine updates: see PivotData microservice v.1.6.1 changes log
- XMLA connector enhancements (infer schema, range filters)
- improved performance of expand/collapse pivot tables rendering
- 2019 Dec 12
- New XMLA OLAP connector for SSAS/Azure Analysis Services.
- Flat tables: added pagination option (2 modes: prev/next and "show more")
- Exports: added "Export All Data" option (download all report data, disregard web-view limits/pager position)
- Backup: indent cubes/reports JSON configuration in the XML file
- Team Sharing: fixed issue when in shared report "Apply" button is visible without tabs
- New formatting specifiers: month number (1-12) to month name
shorten large numbers with k/M/B suffix
- Fixed UI issue with web-combo when many-many columns are selected for the report
- White-label mode: now it is possible to change 'base' (green) color with a simple CSS rule
- Starting from this version PivotData microservice license key can be a part of SeekTable subscriptions
- Reporting engine: see PivotData microservice v.1.6.0 changes log
- 2019 Oct 25
- Public reports: added ability to embed reports in a secure way with JWT authorization.
JWT may include report parameters for row-level security rules.
- Public reports: added CSS-animated preloader if report rendering takes more than 300ms.
- Usability: sync report/cube config when SeekTable is opened in several tabs (share the same login session).
- Usability: show 'confirm overwrite' dialog on cube save if configuration was changed during edit
- 2019 Oct 02
- Team sharing: added Groups to simplify management of large teams. You can create any number of user groups and
configure access to cubes/reports for these groups.
- DB cubes: added Apply pivot table filter as condition parameter that enables translation of user-defined table filter into database query condition.
This option unlocks any-level drill-down even for large databases.
- SQL cubes: added Use "GROUP BY CUBE" option that enables totals/sub-totals calculation for custom-SQL measures (Type=FirstValue)
- ElasticSearch: now it is possible to configure custom ES bucket or metric aggregation ("histogram", "extended_stats" etc)
- Charts: use integer-labels for axis labels with numbers
- Charts: if line/area/scatter axis contains a lot of labels display only some of them (by interval)
- Public reports: more memory-efficent rendering (affects huge reports)
- Public reports: when auto-refresh is enabled do not refresh if page is not visible (document.visibilityState is 'hidden')
- Public reports: use webcombo instead of dropdown for parameters with Editor=Dropdown and if number of items > threshold (20 by default, configurable)
- Public reports: warning is displayed when report parameters passed in URL are ignored because of incorrect format
- Other minor improvements and fixes (including vertical page scroll issue)
- Reporting engine: see PivotData microservice v.1.5.5 changes log
- 2019 Jul 18
- Added WS-Federation single sign-on (SSO) for Azure Active Directory or Azure Directory FS
- White-label mode new settings: ability to specify custom favicon, signup button text, get started content. Now colors for charts may be customized with CSS rules (including legend colors in the table).
- Fixed issue with CSV file upload if JWT for API is not configured
- CSV cube: added "Variance" measure type that can be used for calculation of [sample] variance/standard deviation
- Expressions: added math functions like
Math.Sqrt (unlocks possibility to calculate standard error by standard deviation)
- More convinient validation of 'Dropdown (dynamic)' editor of report parameters
- Other minor improvements and fixes
- Reporting engine: see PivotData microservice v.1.5.3 changes log
- 2019 Jun 17
- CSV connector: now it is possible to use report parameters and specify filtering expression for rows
- Cube parameters: added ability to populate dropdown values dynamically
- Calculated members: added
Html.Raw function that accepts 2 arguments to specify different value for non-HTML exports
- Published report: fixed UI issue with input=date (inside ST app datepicker is also replaced with native input=date that used browser's settings for date format)
- Published report: fixed issue with incorrect chart tooltips (on mouse over)
- Minor UI fixes and usability improvements
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.5.2 changes log
- 2019 Apr 02
- CSV connector: now it is possible to use report parameters and specify filtering expression for rows
- MongoDb connector: added possibility to specify custom stages (before/after $group)
- Report parameters: added ability to choose an editor (textbox, dropdown or multivalue dropdown, checkbox) and specify custom expression to evaluate parameter value
- White-label mode new options: "Custom Public Report CSS", "Custom Public Report footer HTML", "Custom Signup Page HTML"
- Added API key generation that may be used with Zapier or MS Flow
- Share by email: if chart is enabled it is also included into email body as image
- When there is no saved reports for the cube SeekTable tries to suggest several reports (by date, by location etc).
- Pivot table report type: quick links to change "expand/collapse" mode if several dimensions are selected for rows or columns.
- Set of minor UI fixes and usability improvements
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.5.1 changes log
- 2019 Feb 22
- New feature: expand/collapse mode for pivot tables (can be enabled in "Format" tab)
- New feature: "show rows" in drill-down menu (appears on value-cell click in pivot tables)
- Expressions: now
Html.Link are supported in pivot tables
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.5.0 changes log
- 2019 Feb 01
- Added ability to enable "Clone" for CSV cubes (with variable in 'docker-compose.seektable.env')
- Added new option for "Restore" dialog (available for self-hosted SeekTable admins): "Generate new record IDs" which restores cubes/reports with new IDs.
This mode is useful for 'mass-clone' when backup is restored in the same account, or to re-create the some sample cubes in another account(s).
- 2019 Jan 22
- New feature: white label mode (available only for self-hosted SeekTable with paid subscription): use your company logo/brand instead of SeekTable, hide "Generated by" and "Powered by" notices in app/exports/shared reports, hide links to seektable.com website, set custom footer content for emails and PDF export, customize SeekTable app visual styles by adding your own CSS.
- Added ability to override saved report options with 'cfg' URL parameter
- A lot of minor improvements / bugfixes
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.4.4 changes log
- 2018 Nov 29
- New feature: Configure Published Report form (UI for public link options)
- New feature: Backup cubes/reports configuration (XML) that can be restored by self-hosted admin
- Fix: filter autcomplete positioning issue
- Expressions: added
Html.SetReportParameters function (sets report parameter(s) on click),
Html.Raw (for 'flat table' reports only)
- Public report: when parameters are changed this is reflected in URL, browser back can be used as 'undo'
- ElasticSearch data source: now parameters are supported and may be used in special filtering condition
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.4.3 changes
- 2018 Oct 23
- New feature: self-hosted administration (available only for self-hosted SeekTable with paid subscription)
- New feature: team sharing when cubes/reports may be shared to other SeekTable users with access control (paid subscription)
- New feature: advanced publishing/embedding options for reports published to web (paid subscription)
- New data source: Oracle
- Flat tables optimization: supported up to 50k rows, this limit can be increased in self-hosted SeekTable
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.4.1 changes
- SeekTable web application migrated to .NET Core 2.1 (better performance and stability)
- Now report parameters may be specified in public report URLs (reports published to web)
- A lot of minor enhancements and bugfixes
- Reporting engine: PivotData microservice v.1.4.0
- First release of docker images for self-hosted SeekTable
- Self-hosted version offers exactly the same functionality as cloud version
- Based on reporting engine PivotData microservice v.1.3.2