This documentation page assumes that you already have a SeekTable account.
Create your free
account by signing up
Zapier.com is a cloud-based service for
codeless workflows automation by end users.
Their free plan for individuals
can be used for reports automation with SeekTable:
- automatically sync CSV cube with a file stored in Google Driver/OneDrive/Dropbox.
For example, this may be a dataset in Google Sheets, and with Zapier you can create a task that will refresh your reports by this dataset each time when you change it.
- deliver reports on schedule (daily, weekly etc) by email - or in another way: say, save report Export to cloud storage, or push it to Slack channel.
How to use SeekTable in Zaps
- Ensure that you're logged on Zappier, and open this link to enable SeekTable for usage in your account:
- Get your API key by going to Manage Account → Get API Key button in SeekTable app.
- Now you can choose SeekTable app and use Find a Report (exports), Upload CSV File and Share Report by Email in Zaps:
How to send a report as an email attachment
- Choose some trigger action as a 1-st step; for example, Schedule by Zapier.
- For 2-nd step use SeekTable connector's Find a Report action. Choose a report you want to attach.
- Choose an action that can compose an email with attachment; for example Email by Zapier or SMTP by Zapier.
- At the form where you can specify email fields:
- for Body you can choose (with top-right icon) only non-binary content; for example
Find a Report → Report HTML (content with inline styles).
In this way you can place your report directly into email body - in the same way as it comes in Share report by email action.
- for Attachment choose export format you want to send a attachment; for example,
Find a Report → Export to PDF file.